Mentorship. Community. Support.
When we organized She Will Rise, we wanted to bring together women from all over New York City not only to mobilize, but also to socialize; who wanted to fight back but also kick back together from time to time. Through an array of events, from educational to social, we're able to support fellow women in every way possible. Learning or laughing, venting or venti's, we've got it covered.
Past events have included:
- A Government 101 crash course at Ryan's Daughter, where we were joined by New York City Councilwoman Carmen de la Rosa, Community Board Leader Michele Parker and New York City District Leader Kim Moscaritolo.
- The "Reflecting on the State of Women and New York Politics" panel alongside The Wing, where we were joined by New York City Councilwoman Carlina Rivera, State Assemblywoman Nily Rozic, Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer and Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney.
- A Pre-Women's March Breakfast, co-hosted alongside Eleanor's Legacy, featuring Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal on the importance of advocacy in today’s political climate.
- "The Keys to Unlocking the Power of Money", a financial literacy workshop presented by Save My Cents.
- A Galentine's Day Happy Hour at East Village's (and women-owned!) La Palapa in honor of women celebrating women.
- A Own Your Brand workshop, focusing on self-promotion techniques in starting your own business.